Obituary: Michael Richard Worrell
October 6, 2013
Michael Richard Worrell
Michael Richard Worrell, Breckenridge, passed Sept. 20, 2013, in Denver.
Born Oct. 13, 1951, in Long Beach, Calif., Mike graduated Kennedy High School in Denver in 1969. He served in the U.S. Army 1971-1974. Mike taught graphic arts at Red Rocks Community College for several years before returning to Breckenridge to work for Beaver Run.
Mike loved scuba diving, kayaking, skiing, Summit mountains and the tropics. Mike was preceded in death by brother, Jeffrey, and father, Jacob Worrell.
He is survived by his mother, Joan Worrell; brothers Chris, Dave, Eric; sister, Terry; and daughter, Maggie.
Please join us to celebrate Mike's life. Memorial held at Beaver Run Resort Oct. 10, 2013, at l p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Town Council reviewing hotel proposal at Tuesday meeting
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Historic preservation is a mixed bag in Summit — “lots of places have disappeared.”
- Top 5 most-read stories on the Web
- Frisco BBQ Challenge hosting essay contest for Father’s Day weekend getaway
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community