Optimist outstanding students recognized
May 8, 2013
On April 24, the Summit-Lake Dillon Optimist Club recognized an outstanding fifth-grade boy and girl from each of the elementary schools in Summit County. Students were chosen for their outstanding academics, extracurricular activities, school spirit, attitude and exemplary citizenship.
Students recognized were: Jessica Fernandez de la O and Mark Jardim from Dillon Valley Elementary; Logan Simson and Brandon Montealegre from Silverthorne Elementary; Sophia Fondl and Will Bird from Frisco Elementary; Natalie Anderson and Corbin Furrey from Upper Blue Elementary; Abby Schierholz and Koa Radish from Summit Cove Elementary and Ivy Edberg and Tim Gallagher from Breckenridge Elementary.
Also recognized were four eighth-grade students from Summit Middle School, based on their outstanding character, community service, academics,leadership skills, personal goals & growth. These students were: Mia Santangelo, Tuomas Wickman, Cassidy Cortright and Lorenzo Patti.
The Optimist Club hosted the students, families, friends and school staff at the high school, with wonderful food treats prepared by Ms.Terri Vantiger’s culinary arts students.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco hires new town manager
- Honey bee coalition releases video series on hive health
- Number of ski resort fatalities, injuries uncertain with lack of public data or oversight
- Summit County celebrates the start of the holidays
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Video footage from Breckenridge’s Race of the Santas; Bernese Mountain Dog parade
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Summit School District again bests all-time enrollment total
- 4 winter sports to burn calories and have a blast