Optimist outstanding students recognized
Ryan Summerlin May 8, 2013
On April 24, the Summit-Lake Dillon Optimist Club recognized an outstanding fifth-grade boy and girl from each of the elementary schools in Summit County. Students were chosen for their outstanding academics, extracurricular activities, school spirit, attitude and exemplary citizenship.
Students recognized were: Jessica Fernandez de la O and Mark Jardim from Dillon Valley Elementary; Logan Simson and Brandon Montealegre from Silverthorne Elementary; Sophia Fondl and Will Bird from Frisco Elementary; Natalie Anderson and Corbin Furrey from Upper Blue Elementary; Abby Schierholz and Koa Radish from Summit Cove Elementary and Ivy Edberg and Tim Gallagher from Breckenridge Elementary.
Also recognized were four eighth-grade students from Summit Middle School, based on their outstanding character, community service, academics,leadership skills, personal goals & growth. These students were: Mia Santangelo, Tuomas Wickman, Cassidy Cortright and Lorenzo Patti.
The Optimist Club hosted the students, families, friends and school staff at the high school, with wonderful food treats prepared by Ms.Terri Vantiger’s culinary arts students.
Trending In: Local
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge