Pheil: Affordable technology that makes for truly amazing stargazing
January 19, 2014
Sky Guide is an iPhone and iPad app that can transform almost anyone's stargazing into a completely new, interactive experience.
Download this $1.99 app to your iPhone or iPad. Go outside on a clear night. Fire up the app and hold your device up to the sky. Before you know it, the app will automatically find stars, constellations, planets, satellites and more.
Sky Guide offers a wealth of impressive, smart features and is the perfect interactive guide to the night sky. It's very highly rated (5 stars), boasts thousands upon thousands of glowing reviews, and new and improved versions are released over time.
Grab the app here: http://tinyurl.com/m8huyas
Ten years ago, would you ever have dreamed such a powerful application would be available for anyone to use, at a cost of less than $2.00?
Grab Bag: Your Four Links of the Week:
1. http://tinyurl.com/qemsmco – A fairly brief overview covering basic information responsible parents should be aware of regarding web filters and parental controls. The article covers the weaknesses of several of the solutions parents typically rely on, and reminds parents how many tactics become less and less effective as children grow older. The author emphasizes at the end that relying entirely on technology to shield children from online content isn't the way to go, and encourages parents to remember that technology alone can't solve this particular challenge.
2. http://www.HearToThereTranscripts.com – Not long ago I shared with you a link to a large transcription company's website. Today I'd like to share a link to the site of an individual, Jen, who provides businesses with transcriptions of podcasts, dictations, audio files and videos — even ones that are difficult to hear. Pricing is exceptionally reasonable and based on the length of the audio to be transcribed. Even better, research is conducted to insure correct spelling of any industry-specific vocabulary encountered. And last, I can vouch from a recent business transaction that Jen (the woman who runs the service) is reliable, prompt, clear and a great communicator.
3. http://tinyurl.com/lp7t4xu – What you need to know before starting a social media campaign for your business.
4. http://tinyurl.com/mssn2j – This blog post shares five different ways in which negative reviews (you know, the kinds people leave for businesses on Google+, Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc.) can actually be good for your business. Yep, you read that correctly. Negative reviews can actually have a positive impact on your business. Read this blog post (and oldie but goodie) to learn how this is possible.
Erin Pheil is the owner of TimeForCake Creative Media—the Web Design & Strategy company voted #1 in Best of Summit. Visit her company's website at http://www.timeforcake.com or email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Man found dead in Yampa River following extensive search
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case