Pheil: Mind mapping made easy
October 7, 2013
MindNode is an elegant, simple to use mind-mapping app for your iPhone, iPad or Mac that makes it easy to brainstorm, then organize, your thoughts — so you can focus on your ideas and the big picture without getting mired down in having to remember or sort through all the details at the same time.
Named the “App Store Best of 2012,” MindNode offers a clean, intuitive user interface that’s a perfect match for students, script writers, project managers, musicians, thinkers and dreamers, allowing for creativity to flow without restriction.
The app keeps getting better, too. Last month MindNode announced they’re working on MindNode 3, which offers a major update of the iOS app. Information about the upcoming new release can be found on their teaser website here: http://www.MindNode.com/3/.
Information and download options for the current release of MindNode can be found at http://www.MindNode.com.
Grab Bag: Your Three Links of the Week:
1) http://vimeo.com/38401630 – Introducing (what is being claimed to be) the world’s first gesture-based calculator. Gestural functions for addition, subtraction and formula completion, and a “hidden action drawer” for multiplication, division and erase. Full details are available at the Apple App Store or at http://www.rechner-app.com. And although this app definitely has a cool factor and is quite elegant, their marketing copy claims this calculator app is “200 percent more efficient.” Your guesses regarding 200 percent more efficient than what and how that number was arrived at are as good as mine.
2) http://tinyurl.com/lvl5n9a – I think it’s Time for Cake. Well, it’s always time for cake … but I think it’s time to share a nice cake link I came across last week (because cake makes most of us smile, right?). Visit this link and you’ll find an article about a baker who creates confectionery planets that are instantly recognizable on the outside with layers of cake that represent the inner layers of the planets themselves hidden beneath the perfectly-detailed icing. (To get a sense of just how detailed we’re talking about, it takes about eight hours for this talented cake maker to paint Jupiter’s complex clouds on the outside of her cakes.)
3) http://bit.ly/1aYkHnU – A creative visual project completed by Air Ball Creative for TEDxMileHigh, this YouTube clip (called “Breathless”) offers a spoken poem layered over whimsical notes layered over a beautifully edited four-minute video of our dear city Denver.
Erin Pheil is the owner of TimeForCake Creative Media—the Web Strategy company voted #1 in Best of Summit. Visit the timeforcake website at http://www.timeforcake.com or email Erin at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Summit County eyes infrastructure needs for Lake Hill housing in 2017
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area set to open Friday — the first in Colorado
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year