Pheil: Tracking your email marketing campaigns’ success
February 9, 2014
When done well, email marketing can be an exceptionally effective way to follow up with online sales leads and reach out to customers directly — if you can get people to open your emails, that is.
Now there’s an option for businesses and salespeople to gauge their email campaigns’ success and to figure out what’s working and what’s not.
Important note: This service is for businesses using Gmail, Apple Mail or Outlook to send out their emails. It is not for businesses currently using email newsletter programs like MailChimp, Emma or ConstantContact.
Signals by Hubspot is a tool that offers a free service (or a team service for $10 a month that carefully tracks your email campaigns). It sends you notifications letting you know which emails are opened, who is opening them, and which links they’re clicking on — so you’ll know who to follow-up with, which products and services to push, and what email strategies are really working.
Prevent wasted time on ineffective email marketing, and spend more time reaching out to the prospects and customers who show genuine interest in your services.
For more information, visit http://www.getsignals.com.
Grab Bag: Your Three Links of the Week
1. http://tinyurl.com/3vly2rp: URL shortening services are wonderful, wonderful things. You’ve probably been able to tell I love them as I use them for most of my Links of the Week each week. And while you may already be familiar with services like TinyURL.com and Bitly.com, there are also URL shortening services that integrate directly into your browser. This article explains how to use your browser’s add-ons to shorten URLs quickly.
2. http://tinyurl.com/nwfr7vd: WiFi printing, bluetooth printing, iPrinting — modern printers offer you the convenience of printing from anywhere and from any device, but the setup process can often feel rather complex and frustrating. This great article explains each printing option and how to properly set up your new printer to easily work with the devices you need it to. Printing headaches be gone.
3. http://tinyurl.com/l6lo96h: If you have a slow Internet connection, you may experience ongoing issues loading YouTube videos, especially since YouTube switched how they handle their streaming mode a few years back. Thanks to this Lifehacker article, you can disable their streaming mode (which only allows you to preload a video a few seconds ahead of time) so that you can preload an entire video and stop the frustrating jumping and skipping.
Erin Pheil is the owner of TimeForCake Creative Media—the Web Design & Strategy company voted #1 in Best of Summit. Visit her company’s website at http://www.timeforcake.com or email Erin at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Man ordered to pay $260K for reckless skiing in Keystone
- Hunter survives bear attack near South Park
- Snowboarder charged $260K in damages from collision at Keystone won’t have to pay
- Summit County skier transport plan provides for non-critical injuries
- Silverthorne recycling drop-off only taking glass starting Nov. 14