Power outage affects thousands in and around Silverthorne
August 23, 2016
On Tuesday evening at 7:35 p.m., an electrical power outage blacked out nearly 3,400 residents in Silverthorne, Dillon and Frisco.
According the Michelle Aguayo, a spokesperson with Xcel Energy, the outage was due to a "bad cable," which left 3,379 residents without power.
Power was fully restored to all residents around 9 p.m..
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)