Public invited to county wildfire-preparadeness exercise
May 8, 2013
The Summit County Sheriff's Office will be participating in a full-scale emergency preparedness/response exercise on Tuesday, April 30, and Wednesday, May 1, 2013. Participating agencies will be practicing their ability to respond to a mock wildfire scenario. Part of the evening operations will be a community open house at Summit Middle School from 5-8:30 p.m. on April 30, at which information on wildfire-readiness programs will be available. The public will have the opportunity to participate in a simulated community meeting regarding wildfire operations and evacuations.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County overdose trial defendant sentenced to two years in community corrections
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Business briefs: Summit County luxury home sales double in May
- Summer student lunch giveaway works to combat rising community need
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 11
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government
- Vail Resorts declines Summit County request to split $300k in housing project costs
- Summit Daily editorial: What happened to Vail Resorts’ $30 million housing pledge?
- Sexual misconduct charges against former Copper Mountain maintenance worker dismissed on eve of re-trial