Reindeer on Colo. mall visit escapes
December 6, 2013
DILLON — A runaway reindeer broke free from Santa in Colorado Thursday, running away while the Big Man was inside a mall visiting with children.
KYSL in Summit County reports that the reindeer escape happened outside the La Riva Mall building in Dillon.
While Santa was inside the mall taking childhood wish lists, the reindeer jumped the enclosure it was in, leading the Dillon Police Department on a healthy jog through town.
The reindeer was located on the other side of a nearby reservoir. The Summit County Sheriff's Office brought another reindeer with them to lure the runaway reindeer back to them and into a trailer.
— The Associated Press
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral