Rubber Duck Race in Breckenridge benefits Summit Foundation
September 2, 2016
Sponsored by Breckenridge Grand Vacations, the annual Rubber Duck Race kicks off tomorrow. Three races—children, businesses and the main event— will take place along the Blue River on the Riverwalk Center lawn.
Activities will begin at 10:30 a.m., and the children's race is up first at 1 p.m. Following that, the business race is set to take off at 2 p.m., and the main race is set for 3 p.m.
Almost three decades old, the Rubber Duck Race is a Summit County staple, known for bringing the community together for a noble cause.
Proceeds from the event go to The Summit Foundation and towards funding local scholarship and grant programs.
During the festivities, purchase Whole Foods treats being sold on the lawn, as well as locally made Higgles Ice Cream.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area