Silverthorne vet offers free exams through statewide program
March 28, 2017
The Buffalo Mountain Animal Hospital will be participating in a statewide initiative between the Colorado Veterinary Medical Association and 9News to get free wellness exams for pet owners.
Pet owners who are struggling financially are able to use the eighth annual 9PetCheck program to set up a free wellness exam and rabies vaccination for their cat or dog on April 8 or 9. The program is able to provide more than 1,000 appointments over 50 veterinary clinics across the state. Appointments are only available to cat and dog owners.
In order to set up an appointment, owners must call the 9PetCheck phone bank at 1-877-369-9021 on Monday, April 3, between 4 and 8 p.m. Appointments will be filled on a first call, first served basis.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says