Singers Beau Thomas, Leon Joseph Littlebird to take stage during ‘Zeke’s Healing Event’
April 4, 2014
If you go…
Who: Singers Beau Thomas and Joseph Littlebird
What: Zeke’s Healing Event
When: 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 5
Where: Town of Frisco Adventure Park, 621 Recreation Way
— Event to benefit Frisco local Jon “Zeke” Zdechlik, who is battling lung cancer.
— Tickets are $30 for adults, $20 for children 18 years of age and younger. Tickets available online at http://www.zekez.eventbrite.com, by calling 668-5384 and at the door.
From 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 5, the Frisco Adventure Park will host "Zeke's Healing Event," a fundraiser and celebration for longtime local Jon "Zeke" Zdechlik and his family.
Frisco Singer Beau Thomas, who was recently featured on NBC's "The Voice," is donating his talents and will perform at the event, a town of Frisco news release said. Singer Leon Joseph Littlebird also is scheduled to perform.
Thomas, 27, endured a rigorous audition and evaluation process on "The Voice" this winter in order to perform in front of the four-person celebrity panel. The full-time musician began his career in Frisco as a bartender at Prost; shortly thereafter he started Prost's open mic night.
A father of three, Thomas is an acoustic "blue eyed" soul singer who will bring his original twists on current popular music to the crowd at Saturday's event.
Littlebird is a native Coloradan who has graced Summit County with his storytelling and musicianship for years, the release said. Littlebird recently fought his own battle with cancer after being diagnosed with leukemia 18 years ago.
Littlebird jumped at the chance to be a part of the benefit for Zdechlik while the idea for a fundraiser was in its earliest stages.
Zeke has been receiving treatment for small cell carcinoma, a form of lung cancer, since fall 2013. The event is intended to bring the community together through great music, food, outdoor adventure and company to help Zeke on his journey to healing, the release said.
Tickets are $30 per adult and $20 for children 18 years of age and younger. The price includes food, one drink ticket — alcoholic or nonalcoholic — tubing, Nordic skiing, scenic sleigh rides, snowshoeing and a silent auction.
Silent-auction items include ski area season passes, gift certificates to local shops and restaurants and more.
Tickets are available online at http://www.zekez.eventbrite.com, by calling 668-5384 or at the door the day of the event. Donations can be made online through http://www.zekez.eventbrite.com or at Wells Fargo Bank in the name of "Jon Zdechlik Benefit Fund."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says