State parks free to public on Monday, Aug. 7
August 2, 2017
In honor of Colorado Day on Monday, Aug. 7, Colorado Parks and Wildlife offers free entry to each of the 41 state parks.
"Colorado Day is an opportunity for everyone to get outside and experience the diverse natural beauty and recreational activities that all of the 41 state parks have to offer," CPW's Gary Thorson said in a news release. "This day is also the agency's opportunity to say 'thank you' to all our residents and visitors who enjoy our state parks for their continued support."
Come play all day, enjoy a picnic and stay for the sunset. All other fees, including camping and reservations remain in effect on the state holiday.
For more information, visit: cpw.state.co.us
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says