Summit County Coroner responds to death of 22-year-old Taylor Troutman
May 4, 2014
The Summit County Coroner's Office reported Sunday, May 4, it responded to the death of Taylor Troutman who resided at Ptarmigan Mountain near Silverthorne.
Troutman, 22, grew up in Summit County and graduated from Summit High School, said deputy coroner Regan Wood on Monday, May 5. He recently moved back to the area and was living with his father, Bob Troutman.
Troutman and his father spoke to each other around midnight Sunday, Wood said. The 22-year-old died in his sleep sometime between midnight and 9 a.m., when his body was discovered by his father.
Wood is transporting Troutman's body Tuesday, May 6, to Jefferson County for an autopsy with forensic pathologist Dr. Ben Galloway. Wood estimates a preliminary cause of death report will be available by about noon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Faces of Hope, Part 1: Frisco mother still coming to terms with her son’s 2006 suicide
- Summit County police blotter: Woman unfazed by bee swarm inside her car
- Vail Resorts, Summit County strike deal on Keystone workforce housing
- Summit High School honors seven ’17 senior scholars
- Summit County eyes completion of Lake Hill master plan process