Summit County opens new art exhibit in Frisco Sunday, Jan. 29
January 26, 2017
The Summit County Art Forum hosts a free opening for its latest exhibit, titled "Wild Winter: Rescue and Reward," on the upper level of the Summit County Commons in Frisco at 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29.
The showcase features the work of nine local artists. Pieces range in medium, including photography of rescue operations, in addition to oil acrylic and watercolor paintings displayed alongside vintage rescue equipment and memorabilia.
"The winter season in Summit County presents both risks and great rewards," Leslie Walker, county art forum program assistant, said in a news release. "We set out to explore that duality in this winter's art forum exhibit with pieces that honor our search-and-rescue community, as well as the striking landscapes in which we seek adventure."
"Wild Winter" will be on public display, adjacent to Summit's Central Library, through late May. But Sunday's opening offers a chance to meet the artists to discuss their work. The event will also feature a presentation by the Summit County Rescue Group, including tours of a rescue vehicle. Light refreshments will be served, and all are welcome.
For more information about the Summit County Art Forum, visit: summitcountyco.gov/artforum.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Breckenridge paid parking to be managed by private company
- Breckenridge’s newest fire station opens near Peak 7 in response to continued growth
- Disposable plastic bags vanishing in Avon; point-of-sale ban goes into effect May 1
- New Highway 9 Iron Springs traffic alignment set for Monday night, Oct. 16
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says