Summit County Sheriff’s Office announces USA Pro Challenge road closures
August 20, 2013
Beginning today, all of Main Street in Breckenridge will be closed from noon until the Pro Cycling race comes to a conclusion Wednesday.
In addition, the Summit County Sheriff's Office is reminding residents and visitors to expect the following temporary road closures and traffic delays:
• 1:45 to 4 p.m., Tuesday
— Colorado Highway 9 from Hoosier Pass to Breckenridge
— Multiple roads along the race route in and around Breckenridge
• 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Wednesday
— Multiple road along the race route in downtown Breckenridge
— Highway 9 from Breckenridge to Swan Mountain Road
— Swan Mountain Road
— Highway 6 from Swan Mountain Road to Silverthorne
— I-70 eastbound and westbound off-ramps at Exit 205 (Silverthorne/Dillon Exits)
— Highway 9 from Silverthorne to CR30/Heeney Road
— CR30/Heeney Road
— Highway 9 from Heeney to Kremmling
— Dillon Dam Road will be open the day of the race, with the exception of a brief time period when the racers pass through Dillon
Swan Mountain Road will be closed from approximately 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, but the campgrounds will remain accessible until the hard closure goes into effect, a Summit County Sheriff's Office release stated. No parking will be allowed on the paved portion of Swan Mountain Road.
Summit Stage bus service also is expected to be significantly affected both days, according to the release. Up-to-date information will be available by calling 668-0999.
During both days there will be numerous law enforcement and emergency vehicles, spectators and racers on the roadways. Road closures and delays on most roads are expected to be no more than two hours, according to the release.
Throughout the day of the race, road closure information will be disseminated via the SCAlert Interstate/Highway information group. Sign up or change your notification settings at http://www.scalert.org. Road closure updates also will be posted through social media including on Facebook via USA Pro Cycling Challenge — Breckenridge stage, town of Breckenridge Police Department and town of Breckenridge, and through Twitter at @SummitSheriffCO, @BreckPolice, @TownofBreck, @Breckprocycling and @ProChallenge.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- At 117 years old, Frisco’s schoolhouse bell has been through a lot, including a kidnapping
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of July 16
- Wildlife highway crossing open house scheduled for July 26 in Frisco
- Dillon Ranger District reopens Breckenridge-area trails after Peak 2 Fire
- Colorado couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off
- Photos: Peak 2 Fire burn area update