Summit Interfaith Council hosts discussion on Colorado Amendment 69
September 1, 2016
The Summit Interfaith Council invites members of the public to the fourth in its Second Sunday Film Series on Sunday, Sept. 11 for a discussion of the state's ongoing health care dilemma: "Is ColoradoCare the Answer?"
The evening will feature excerpts from award-winning documentaries by T.R. Reid, Michael Moore and Peter Nicks, each followed by presentations to the audience about Colorado Amendment 69. The November ballot item aims to reimagine health care in the state by universalizing this essential service.
Audience members will be encouraged to ask questions, receive answers and challenge what has been presented in the media. The discussion will focus on whether ColoradoCare would be risky, unaffordable and unaccountable, or reliable, fiscally-responsible and transparent.
The event, scheduled at the South Branch Library in Breckenridge between 7-9 p.m., is free and open to the public. For more information, call (970) 368-0923.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Summit County Rotary Car Raffle winner announced
- EPA works to clean up the toxic Jumbo Mine near Keystone Resort
- Learn Summit County history with walking tour of Bill’s Ranch neighborhood
- Alma couple rescues dog missing for five weeks off Mount Bross
- Morrie Shepard, Vail’s first ski school director, has taken his final lift ride
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- The fate of skiing: Winter Park Resort bucks trends as industry concerns grow over lack of skiing millennials
- ‘Opt-out’ votes look like slam dunks in Silverthorne, Dillon
- Park County residents rescue dog from 25-foot mine shaft in Fairplay (video)
- New 6-person chairlift installed at Keystone Resort (photo slideshow)