Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
May 4, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Summit School of Dance 30th Annual Recital
Frisco, May 4
4 p.m., Summit High School auditorium, 16201 Colorado 9. It will be an amazing weekend of Dance and Fun. Everything the Summit School of Dance is known for. $10 adults, $5 Students.
First Sundays Presents 'A Night at the Movies'
Dillon, May 4
6 p.m., The Lake Dillon Theatre Company, 176 Lake Dillon Drive. Join Lake Dillon Theatre Company Production Manager and Actor Ben Whitmore for a one-night cabaret entitled A Night At The Movies: Tales from the Gummy Bear Carpet. 'One wide-eyed kid's memories of growing up in a movie theater. Featuring classic favorites like 'Make Em' Laugh' (Singin' in the Rain, 1952) passing through the 60s with Mrs. Robinson (The Graduate, 1967) and even stopping in a galaxy far, far away with some tunes about Star Wars (Star Wars, 1977).
Red Ball Beach Bash with free music from Oakhurst
Dillon, May 4
Noon, Arapahoe Basin, 28194 US Highway 6. A family-fun event where giant red balls roll down the High Noon run to determine the lucky winners. The festivities start at 12 p.m. in the Base Area with Budweiser beer specials for anyone 21 and over. The Red Balls roll at 3:45 p.m. You don't need to be present to win, so get your advanced tickets by calling (970) 455-4231. This all benefits the Keystone Science School Campership Fund. A $5 donation gets you a chance win these great prizes! 1st Place: $1,500 2nd Place: $750 3rd Place: Skilogik Skis.
4-H 'Hides & Horns' with Colorado Parks & Wildlife
Frisco, May 4
2:30 p.m., Frisco County Commons Building, 37 Summit County Road. Colorado Parks & Wildlife Officers Tom Davies and Elissa Knox will be presenting to Summit County 4-H families 'Hides & Horns' of wildlife living in the mountains. Learn about wildlife and hold and touch hides & horns of many different mammals in Summit County. Join 4-H for $40 annual fee and participate in over 26 educational programs. Enroll in 4-H online: http://www.co.summit.co.us/4-H RSVP for 'Hides & Horns' at firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 668-4142.
Historic Walking Tour of Breck
Breckenridge, May 4
11 a.m. & 1:30 p.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S. Main St. Take a tour through Breckenridge's Nationally Recognized Historic District with a local expert. Along the way, hear stories about the hardy souls who lived in Breckenridge more than 100 years ago. Reservations not required, call (970) 453-9767 x2. Tickets are $10 adults, $5 children (age 4-12).
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco development code changes to be considered at council meeting
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor