Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
January 28, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Pass Holder appreciation days
Copper Mountain, Jan. 27
All day, Copper Mountain. Let's celebrate you, Copper Mountain Passholder! From January 27th through February 2nd, take advantage of great deals as a way for us to say thank you for being a Copper Mountain skier or rider.
Budweiser Snow Sculpture viewing week
Breckenridge, Jan. 27
All Day, Breckenridge. During viewing week, the artists are done sculpting, but the sculptures are here for your viewing pleasure. Weather permitting the snow sculptures will stay up until the night of Sunday, Feb. 2, and then they will disappear under the darkness of night- just as magically as they appeared! We say that viewing week is weather permitting because every once in a while we need to take down a sculpture that is about to fall due to warm weather. Over the past few years we have only taken down one or two sculptures due to weather so it is a pretty good bet that you will be able to see all or most of the sculptures (and without the crowds!).
Free Copper Ambassador Mountain Tours
Copper Mountain, Jan. 27 to Apr. 20
10 a.m., Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain. Come and ski/ride for free with the Copper Ambassadors every day at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Meet at the hut by top of the American Eagle chair. Fun and informative! Daily, Dec. 16, to Apr. 13, 2014.
Snowshoe Adventures with a Guide
Breckenridge, every day
9:30 a.m., Gold Run Nordic Center, 200 Clubhouse Dr., Breckenridge. Let our staff at Gold Run Nordic Center guide you on a snowshoe adventure! Your guide will inform you about the mining history, wildlife and nature, while you enjoy mountain vistas and scenic mining relics. We can tailor a snowshoe adventure to your specific needs and times if our packages do not fit your schedule. Times: 9:30 a.m. & 12:30 p.m. Call for reservations, walk-ins welcome based on availability of staff. Please contact for pricing, (970)547-7889.
Daily Group Nordic Ski Lessons
Breckenridge, every day
10 a.m., Gold Run Nordic Center, 200 Clubhouse Dr., Breckenridge. Lessons are offered daily at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. Lessons last 1-1.5 hours. Classic or skate lessons are available; beginner to advanced levels. Lessons cost $45 per person and additional persons within the same party are $35. Complimentary trail pass is included, rentals are available for half price. Reservations are highly recommended. Walk-ins are welcome based on instructor availability. Please call (970) 547-7889 for reservations.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue