Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
May 27, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Conversational Spanish Group
Frisco, May 27
6 p.m., Frisco County Commons Building, 37 Summit County Rd. Meetings are in the Buffalo Mountain Room. Summit County residents and visitors of all abilities are welcome. For more information email Candace at email@example.com.
Breckenridge, every day
11 a.m., 501 S. Main St., La Cima Mall. Arts Alive Gallery is excited to highlight a new member as Artist of the Month. Katie Sherman is a fiber artist who will be exhibiting her works in the gallery for the month of May. The opening reception is the 2nd Saturday, May 10, from 4-8 p.m. The gallery continues it's 'Spring into Spring' show with works from gallery artists.
Light for the Soul: Looking for the Beauty Inside
Frisco, every day
all day, Community Commons Building. A new exhibit at the County Commons Lobby Space in Frisco. Artist Joe Wakeman has 6 mixed media works on display that are enhanced by LED lighting. Also on display are glass works by Kerry Feldman of ART on a Whim Gallery and art pieces from the winners of the Bob Anderson scholarships presented by the Summit County Arts Exhibit Committee this year.
ORPHANS by Lyle Kessler, a Dark Comedy
Dillon, May 27 to June 1
6:30 p.m., The Lake Dillon Theatre Company, 176 Lake Dillon Drive. Deserted in childhood Treat and Phillip live together in a dilapidated row house in North Philadelphia. But the brothers' complacent lifestyle is interrupted when a Chicago gangster unexpectedly arrives on the scene. Contains Mature Content. Tues., Wed., Thurs. ($29 adults, $22 students), Fri., Sat., Sun. ($32 adults, $22 students), Sun. ma.
Free Glassblowing Demonstration
Frisco, May 27 & 29
2 p.m., Gatherhouse Glassblowing Studio & Gallery, 110 Second Ave. Watch the glassblowers transform 2000-degree molten glass into pieces of art. Fascinating for all ages. Classes available.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Mountain mentor of the month: June 2017
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Steep push, stunning views on the Lenawee Trail outside Keystone