Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
June 19, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Behind Swinging Doors Saloon Tour
Breckenridge, June 19
5 p.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S Main St. In 1880 Breckenridge was home to 19 saloons. Stroll downtown learning about these historic businesses and sample the spirits of the Breckenridge Distillery. Reservations required. $15/adult (21+).
Jon Wayne & The Pain
Frisco, June 19
5:30 p.m., Frisco Historic Park Gazebo, 120 Main St. Free Outdoor Concert in the Park featuring Jon Wayne & The Pain. Refreshments will be available for purchase to benefit Advocates for Victims of Assault. The Concerts in the Park are pet-friendly with leash; no alcohol is to be brought in from outside the event as beverages are available for sale to benefit the local non profit organization.
Colorado Spirits Tasting
Keystone, June 19
4-5 p.m., Keystone Resort, 100 Dercum Square. Sample four Colorado Craft Liquors at the Keystone Ranch. Featuring spirits from Breckenridge Distillery, Dancing Pines Distillery, Leopold Bros, Stranahan's, Woody Cree, and Peach Tree. Reservations are recommended, but not required. $20/person. For more information or to make a reservation, call (800) 354-4386.
Guided Wilderness Hike
Breckenridge, June 19
10 a.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S. Main St. Professional guides on weekly hikes throughout the Breckenridge backcountry. From easy to difficult, these hikes entice your senses and teach you all you ever wanted to know about this high alpine home. Be sure to dress for the weather and anticipate thunderstorms. Bring water, rain jacket, sunscreen, and hiking boots or shoes. No dogs allowed. All ages welcome. Children under 4 must be in a carrying pack. June 12: Lower Flume Trail: Mines of the Times (Easy-Moderate).
Lake Dillon Historical Boat Tour
Dillon, June 19
9-10:30 a.m., Dillon Marina. Learn the history of the building of the dam and the history of the towns of Dillon while enjoying the beauty of Lake Dillon. Cost is $25 per adult (13 & over), $15 per child – no children under 7. Call Dillon Marina for your reservation (970) 468-5100.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Local
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen