Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
June 24, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Sunset Dancing at Lake Dillon
Dillon, June 24
6-8:30 p.m., Dillon Amphitheater, 100 Lodge Pole. Admission is free but donations are accepted for the Summit Endurance Foundation. The first hour will include a Beginning Swing Dance lesson taught by Merle Schultz and Susie Brady. Open dancing starts at 7 p.m. The event is sponsored by the Town of Dillon and Office Max. No concessions will be provided so bring your own snacks and drinks. For further info, go to summitswing.org or call (970) 468-4876.
Silverthorne, June 24
10 a.m., Silverthorne Pavilion, 400 Blue River Parkway. Venders include: $10 Vegetable bags by Miller Farms, fresh farm eggs, fresh fruit, jams, and salsas as well as novelty gifts and toys, balloons and face painting, honey, breads and pastries, dry mixes and dips, lotions, tamales, and jewelry. If you would like to join the market, please contact Miller Farms at (970) 785-6133.
Wild West Nights
Keystone, June 24
5-8 p.m., Keystone Resort, 100 Dercum Square. Bike, hike or gallop over to the Keystone stables for Wild West Nights every Tuesday at the Keystone Stables. The fun starts at 5 p.m. with a bike-in movie, brats & beverages available at the Giddy Up Grill. Try your hand at horseshoes or lassoing while enjoying free s'mores around the campfire. Everyone is invited to hang out around the camp fire and enjoy the sunsets form the Stables vantage point. No charge just to tour the Stables and hang out by the fire. (970) 496-4000.
'Peter and the Wolf' Children's Concert
Breckenridge, June 24
11 a.m., Breckenridge Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave. National Repertory Orchestra presents 'Peter and the Wolf,' a special children's concert and instrument petting zoo. Andres Lopera, Conductor.
Lake Dillon Historical Boat Tour
Dillon, June 24 & 26
9-10:30 a.m., Dillon Marina. Learn the history of the building of the dam and the history of the towns of Dillon while enjoying the beauty of Lake Dillon. Cost is $25 per adult (13 & over), $15 per child – no children under 7. Call Dillon Marina for your reservation (970) 468-5100.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Local
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Probation sentence for seven-time DUI offender highlights prosecutors’ frustration over recent law change
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- Dog seriously injured after run-in with skier on Tiehack in Aspen