Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
July 12, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Colorado Running Festival
Copper Mountain, July 12 & 13
4 p.m., Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle. A 2 day running and mulit-sport festival. The festival will include five different types of trail or multi-sport events over a two day period on some of Coloardo's best trail racing terrain. Not to mention, pasta lunch, live music, family movie night, a kids race and a sports and health expo.
Cars and coffee
Frisco, July 12
9 a.m., The parking lot at Abbey's Coffee. Bring your car, or come by to talk cars and see all the classics. To be added to the email list for future events email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dillon Petco Grand Opening Celebration
Dillon, July 12 & 13
9 a.m., Petco, 264 Dillon Ridge Way. In an effort to raise awareness for pet adoption, potential new pet parents can connect with local shelter pets at the celebration, which will also include other festivities such as giveaways and a variety of activities to introduce the new store and its team to the community. Guests are also invited to bring their furry friends to join in on the fun. 8:55 a.m., ribbon cutting ceremony. 9 a.m., the first 100 Pals Rewards customers receive a free $10 Petco gift card. Sunday, July 13: 9 a.m., the first 50 Pals Rewards customers will receive a free Petco tote bag.
Inaugural Frisco Triathlon
Frisco, July 12
8 a.m., Frisco Adventure Park, 621 Recreation Way. Register for the Inaugural Frisco Triathlon that will feature stand-up-paddle boarding, mountain biking and trail running. This new twist on a triathlon is open to all ability levels and encourages athletes to take on a new multi-sport event.
Tenderfoot Trail Project
Dillon, July 12
8 a.m., Tenderfoot Mountain. Need Volunteers Hours? The Red Bull Tasting Team will be behind the SC Land Fill on Frey Gulch Road to help build new trails between Dillon and Keystone on Tenderfoot mountain. Work with local Dillon Ranger District and several Summit County user groups. Bring a lunch and your friends. Call (970) 468-5400 for more information.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Local
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Dillon man recognized for stopping crime in City Market parking lot
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog