Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
July 18, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Wild About Colorado
Breckenridge, July 18 & 19
9 a.m., Carter Park Pavilion. 16 artists painting en plein air. Guided hikes include birding tour with Hugh Kingery. Workshops by artists Ann Weaver and Kim Barrick and wildlife photographer Richard Seeley. Art Show on Friday, July 18 will feature artists' plein air paintings and studio pieces for viewing and purchase, plus casual al fresco dining and live music on covered patio of Carter Park Pavilion. Proceeds benefit Continental Divide Land Trust. Varies by activity, about $10 to $50.
Friday Night Concert Series with Euforquestra
Dillon, July 18
7 p.m., Dillon Amphitheater, 100 Lodge Pole. For over a decade the band has been igniting dance floors across the country, blending the roots of funk, soul, afrobeat, reggae and dub.
Friday Afternoon Club
Keystone, July 18
1 p.m. to sunset, Keystone Resort, 100 Dercum Square. Head to the Summit House to enjoy an evening of live music, drink and food specials and activities. All activities are free and can be checked out through the Overlook Grill. Accessible via a scenic ride on the River Run Gondola. A foot passenger ticket or lift ticket is required to access the Gondola. Foot passenger tickets are available at the River Run Ticket Office and are free on Fridays from 3 p.m.-close. Call (800) 354-4386 for more information.
National Repertory Orchestra presents 'Topilow Pops'
Breckenridge, July 18
7:30 p.m., Breckenridge Riverwalk Center, 150 W. Adams Ave. Featuring your NRO and Carl Topliow at the helm, this concert will included some of your favorite popular orchestral music, consisting of selections from Mama Mia, Jersey Boys, Oklahoma, Wicked and The Phantom of the Opera. Carl Topliow will also make a special appearance on the clarinet. $25-$40, $7/youth 18 & under.
Late Nite Cabaret Series
Dillon, July 18
10:30 p.m., The Lake Dillon Theatre Company, 176 Lake Dillon Drive. Join the Lake Dillon Theatre Company Summer Theatre Season Company as they showcase their range and talent in these one-of-a-kind revues performed on select Friday nights this summer. Tonight, celebrate 'The Biggies,' songs from shows everyone knows and loves. Discover something different and exciting at the Lake Dillon Theatre Company. $10 suggested donation at the door.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Mountain mentor of the month: June 2017
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Steep push, stunning views on the Lenawee Trail outside Keystone