Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
July 19, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Wild About Colorado
Breckenridge, July 19
9 a.m., Carter Park Pavilion. 16 artists painting en plein air. Guided hikes include birding tour with Hugh Kingery. Workshops by artists Ann Weaver and Kim Barrick and wildlife photographer Richard Seeley. Art Show on Friday, July 18 will feature artists' plein air paintings and studio pieces for viewing and purchase, plus casual al fresco dining and live music on covered patio of Carter Park Pavilion. Proceeds benefit Continental Divide Land Trust. Varies by activity, about $10 to $50.
Copper Mountain, July 19 & 20
All Day, Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle. A renowned cycling event in Colorado, the 24th annual Courage Classic returns to Copper this summer for a three-day journey fueled by individual and team fundraising efforts that benefit The Children's Hospital Colorado. The course begins and ends in Copper Mountian, where picturesque views will motivate riders' 157-mile trek through Summit County.Free live music Rob Drabkin Friday night and Funky Johnson Saturday night.
Canvas Painting Party
Breckenridge, July 19
7 p.m., Ready Paint Fire!, 323 N. Main St. Colorado summertime. Join local artist Lori Weissman for this fun canvas painting party. Follow step-by-step, wine in hand and let your creative juices flow. A fun, social evening for all.
Ice Cream Social
Dillon, July 19
Noon, Dillon Schoolhouse Museum, 403 La Bonte St. Ice Cream Social with ice cream cones for five cents, guided tours of 1883 Dillon Schoolhouse and two log cabins, local history books for sale, vintage autos on display, video depicting building Dillon Dam and relocation of the town, and entertainment.
Free Classical Ensemble: Outlets at Silverthorne
Silverthorne, July 19
2 p.m., Outlets at Silverthorne, 246 V Rainbow Drive. National Repertory Orchestra musicians will present a free classical ensemble performance.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco development code changes to be considered at council meeting
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- Gov. John Hickenlooper takes a spin in visit to possible link in Alma-to-Aspen trail loop
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Summit County police blotter: Trouble with “Mexican Mafia” prompts jewelry theft
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Colorado’s multiplying moose moving eastward, running into people
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor