Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
January 18, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Featured Artist: Kathy Deppner Brown
Breckenridge, Jan. 18 & 19
11 a.m., Art Supply Breckenridge, 201 S. Ridge St., Breckenridge. We would like to welcome our new featured artist this month here to the Art Store, Kathy Deppner Brown. She is a graduate of Wichita State University and formerly a reporter for the Omaha-World Herald. Kathy is now directing her talents toward mixed-media acrylic and ink painting. In her new media Kathy has created beautiful paintings of Aspen trees, she also specializes in pet portrait character painting. She has brought one of her own portraits of her and her cocker spaniel, Moose. Stop by and check out her beautiful paintings! She's also offered to do pet portraits for anyone interested! You may call us for more information (970) 423-6945.
Craig Johnson Discussion
Silverthorne, Jan. 18
6:30 p.m., North Branch – Summit County Library, 651 Center Circle, Silverthorne. NY Times Best Selling Author Craig Johnson Discussion The Summit County Library will host Craig Johnson for an evening of discussion about his novels this Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014 beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Blue River room at the North Branch Library, Silverthorne. Craig Johnson authored eight novels in the Walt Longmire mystery series, which garnered popular and critical acclaim. The Walt Longmire series is the basis for the hit A&E drama, Longmire, starring Robert Taylor, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Katee Sackoff. For more information please contact the Main Library at (970) 668-5555.
Knights of Columbus Spaghetti Dinner
Silverthorne, Jan. 18
6 p.m., Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church, 89 Smith Ranch Road, Silverthorne. Knights of Columbus spaghetti dinner. Menu includes spaghetti, marinara sauce, Italian sausage, garlic bread, salad, dessert and drinks. $10.00 for adults, $5.00 for children 6 – 12, under 6 free. Proceeds support the Knights' charities.
Keystone, Jan. 18
6:15 p.m., Warren Station, Keystone. Warren Station at Keystone and The Handsome Little Devils present Conjure. Conjure is the lightheartedly macabre tale of a quirky magician who must, with the help of the audience, bring back his loving, bumbling, deceased assistant to perform the magic show of a lifetime, err, after-lifetime.
Disabled IPC World Cup
Copper Mountain, Jan. 18
All day, Copper Mountain. Disabled IPC World Cup. Adaptive snowboard and skier boarder cross and slalom competition. Now through Jan. 21.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Sheriff warns of increased parking enforcement on Heeney Road
- Photos: Yogis breathe in crisp mountain air at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area
- Couple’s connection to Courage Classic runs deep
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Wolverine returning to Colorado? Federal bureaucracy stands in the way
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Mountain Wheels: Second-generation Subaru Crosstrek aims at outdoorspeople (column)
- Your guide to Summit County’s best OHV and Jeep trails