Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
February 27, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Breckenridge, Feb. 27
7:30 p.m., Backstage Theatre, 121 South Ridge St., Breckenridge. The 10th follows two recruits who join the 85th Regiment at Camp Hale in the Pando Valley for the purpose of becoming alpine soldiers. Fortitude, faith, and fighting spirit combine to create a brotherhood of soldiers never seen before – or since. (970) 453-0199.
Carnival Latin Mardi Gras Party
Silverthorne, Feb. 27
6 p.m., Silverthorne Pavilion, 400 Blue River Pkwy, Silverthorne. A full night of Latin Carnaval with Live Samba School Band, Carnaval Dancers, and DJ playing Brazilian and Latin Beats. The evening will start at 6 p.m. DJ will carry tunes until 10 p.m. playing all kinds of latin, carnaval and dance music. Batteria Allegria Samba School Band will play with Samba dancers and samba instructions through the evening until midnight. (970) 262-7300.
Breckenridge, Feb. 27
8:45 a.m., Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain. Summit County Preschool challenges you to be all that you can be at the first annual Ski-A-Thon! Sign up and get pledges, then ski, ski, ski at this family Fun-Raiser to benefit SCP! Visit http://www.summitcountypreschool.com for more information.
50+ Ski with Us
Keystone, Feb. 27
9 a.m., Summit House, Dercum Mountain, Keystone. 9 a.m., Summit House, Dercum Mountain, Keystone. 50+ Ski with Us is a complimentary guided ski program for all Keystone guests age 50 and over. Explore Keystone's vast and varied terrain while enjoying a social day with fellow local and visiting seniors. Guests of all abilities are welcome. Meet at the Summit House on the top of Dercum Mountain. Thursdays, ready to ski at 9 a.m., through the beginning of April Call for details.
Todd Johnson & Breaking Blues
Dillon, Feb. 27
9:30 p.m., Dillon Dam Brewery, 100 Little Dam St., Dillon. Summit County based band ready to rock the night.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Local
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Dillon man recognized for stopping crime in City Market parking lot
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction
- ‘Unstable’ man attacks Aspen police with razor blades
- Take 5: Life of a Copper Mountain avalanche rescue dog