Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
April 16, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Dillon, April 16
7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Arapahoe Basin, 28194 US Highway 6. Teams of two take laps up the Legendary Pallavicini (Pali) chair and either ski or ride down the mountain on designated lines without stopping. Check in starts at 6 a.m. in the A-Frame. This event benefits A-Basin's own Trevor Giles, a Snowsports instructor who was paralyzed in a bicycling accident in August 2013. Enduro Apres Party, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. in the A-Frame. Live music from High5, a silent auction and a spaghetti dinner with proceeds going to Trevor and his family. Spaghetti dinner cost: $15/adults and $8/kids. $4 draft beer.
Acoustic Moose, Alive!
Breckenridge, April 16
5-8 p.m., Ridge Street Wine, Cheese and Chocolate, Adams St Alley. Acoustic Moose, Alive! Singer/Songwriter plays hot tunes for these cold winter nights.
National Library Week
Frisco, April 16-19
9 a.m., Main Branch – Summit County Library, 0037 County Road 1005. Today's libraries are driven by the needs of the community. Whether you're looking for e-books, information on student loans or 24/7 homework help for your kids the Summit County Libraries have the resources to meet your needs. (970) 668-5555.
Summit Ski Exhibit
Breckenridge, April 16-20
11 a.m., Breckenridge Hertiage Alliance, 308-B S. Main St. Celebrate the first 100 years of skiing in Summit County with a ski documentary and vintage equipment and clothing. This exhibit is a colorful look into the history of skiing. Free admission, donations appreciated. Call (970) 453-9767.
Historic Walking Tour of Breck
Breckenridge, April 16-20
11 a.m. & 1:30 p.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S. Main St. Take a tour through Breckenridge's Nationally Recognized Historic District with a local expert. Along the way, hear stories about the hardy souls who lived in Breckenridge more than 100 years ago. Reservations not required, call (970) 453-9767 x2. Tickets are $10 adults, $5 children (age 4-12).
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Town Council reviewing hotel proposal at Tuesday meeting
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Historic preservation is a mixed bag in Summit — “lots of places have disappeared.”
- Top 5 most-read stories on the Web
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Breathalyzer fraud allegations could derail Summit County DUI cases
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community