Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
February 4, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Dillon, Feb. 4-7
Evangelical husband and wife Steve and Sara leave a dreary life in Minnesota for sunny Florida and the dream of turning abandoned hotels into a chain of gospel-themed inns. An exploration of faith in a fallen world, GRACE explores the modern malaise of spirituality that can unexpectedly change and challenge us from within. Contains Mature Themes. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday ($29 adults, $22 students), Friday, Saturday, Sunday ($32 adults, $22 students), Sunday ma
Historic Walking Tour of Breck
Breckenridge, Feb. 4-7
11 a.m. & 1:30 p.m., Breckenridge Welcome Center, 203 S. Main St., Breckenridge. Take a tour through Breckenridge's Nationally Recognized Historic District with a local expert. Along the way, hear stories about the hardy souls who lived in Breckenridge more than 100 years ago. Reservations not required, call for pricing. Call (970) 453-9767 x2. Tours start at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., tickets are $10 adults, $5 children (age 4-12). 1:30 p.m. only on New Year's day.
50 + Ski With Us
Breckenridge, Feb. 4
8:30 a.m., Breckenridge Ski Resort, Peak 8 Base Area, T- Bar Restaurant, 1599 Ski Hill Rd., Breckenridge. 50 + Ski With Us is a complimentary guided ski and snowboard program for all Breck guests ages 50 and over. Explore Breck's vast and varied terrain while enjoying a social day with fellow local and visiting seniors. Guests of intermediate ability levels and higher are welcome. We meet every Tuesday through March at 8:30 a.m. at the T-Bar Restaurant in the Peak 8 Base Area of Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Book Club Tea
Silverthorne, Feb. 4
2 p.m., North Branch – Summit County Library, 651 Center Circle, Silverthorne. On Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 from 2-4 p.m. join Summit County readers for the annual 2014 Book Club Tea. Hosted by Summit County Library, the tea theme is the Chinese New Year and it's the Year of the Horse. All book clubs and interested readers are invited to bring a finger food to share and title suggestions for local book clubs to read in the coming year. Learn how the library can help your book club or join a new club to meet interesting people and share your love of reading. (970) 468-5887.
Free Copper Ambassador Mountain Tours
Copper Mountain, Feb. 4 to Apr. 20
10 a.m., Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle, Copper Mountain. Come and ski/ride for free with the Copper Ambassadors every day at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Meet at the hut by top of the American Eagle chair. Fun and informative! Daily, Dec. 16, to Apr. 13, 2014.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Trending In: Local
- Summit County assessor triumphs in bulk of initial property-tax appeals
- Summit County could be the new home of police-led driving school
- Breckenridge transportation the topic of Summit Daily’s next What’s Brewing event
- Breckenridge police issued shelter in place warning due to barricarded individual
- Summit Middle School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Summit County police blotter: Cop stumbles on freshly-powdered nose
- Lake Tahoe weather: 3+ feet of snow blankets region; power outages begin
- Summit County bars and restaurants taking up the fight against sexual assault
- Vail Resorts to buy Stowe Mountain Resort in Vermont
- Fremont Recpath receives $4 million in federal funds for construction