Today’s top five things to do in Summit County
March 1, 2014
Want to add an event to our calendar? Click here: https://www.spingo.com/submit?AffiliateID=607&AffiliateID=607
Tubbs Romp to Stomp
Frisco, Mar. 1
7:30 a.m., Frisco Nordic Center, 616 Recreation Way. Strap on your snowshoes for the Colorado Romp to Stomp, a fun, family-friendly snowshoe event that is truly in a class of its own. Try Tubbs Snowshoes on the beautiful snowshoe trails, take photos in the photo booth, pick up fun swag, enjoy free breakfast and spend a morning in the great outdoors with hundreds of your soon-to-be friends. Earn the chance to take home some awesome gear and prizes by helping Tubbs raise funds for Susan G. Komen . $45 adults, $30 children.
Mardi Paws Barkus Parade
Frisco, Mar. 1
3-5 p.m., 2nd Ave. and Main St. Join LAPS and the Lost Cajun restaurant for a costume parade for dogs and their families. Register online or on the day of the event starting at 2 p.m. The parade will travel down Main Street from Second to Seventh streets along the sidewalk and back up the other side of the street for a full viewing of the colorful canines. Prizes will be awarded for dogs in costumes only. Specialty categories include 'best in Pink Pooch' and 'Belinda's Pink Wild Card' to highlight those who did the Romp to Stomp or who just want to support finding a cure for breast cancer. Register online at http://www.summitlaps.com.
Breckenridge, Mar. 1
9:30 a.m., Colorado Mountain College, 107 Denison Placer Rd. The National Repertory Orchestra, Colorado Mountain College and the Lake Dillon Theatre Company join together to bring you the Met Opera Live in HD. This week's event is Borodin's Prince Igor and the new 'Opera Prologue and Epilogue Series' will begin at 9:30 a.m. For more information on the Met Opera Live and to read a complete synopsis on Price Igor visit the NRO calendar and buy tickets.
Copper Mountain, Mar. 1 & 2
All Day, Copper Mountain Resort, 209 Ten Mile Circle. Copper is proud to be the official winter training site for all Colorado-based winter Special Olympics athletes as well as the official host resort for the Winter Games. This season marks the 25th consecutive year Copper Mountain will host the event.
Dillon, Mar. 1
9 p.m., Snake River Saloon, 23074 US 6. Swerve will be live on stage playing their Arena Rock/Modern Country dance music.
To view a full listing of today's events visit http://www.summitdaily.com/Entertainment/Calendar/
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
- Frisco BBQ Challenge hosting essay contest for Father’s Day weekend getaway
- Rocky Mountain resorts report lodging revenue up by 7.2 percent
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access