Utah trucker found dead on Vail Pass
December 30, 2013
VAIL PASS — A man was found dead in the sleeper berth of a tractor-trailer parked on Vail Pass on Monday, police said.
The Colorado State Patrol responded to Interstate 70 mile post 190 on Monday at about 1:38 p.m. The truck, belonging to Paul Terry Trucking, was parked on the shoulder of the roadway and the engine was running, police said. The trooper made several attempts to establish contact with any possible occupants in the vehicle. When no one responded, the trooper entered the truck and discovered 62-year-old Jeff Robison, of Filmore, Utah, dead in the sleeper berth.
Robison had been dead for several hours at the time of discovery, and he was the only occupant in the vehicle, the State Patrol said.
The Summit County coroner responded and removed the body from the scene. While the cause of death is still under investigation, foul play is not suspected.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
- Frisco BBQ Challenge hosting essay contest for Father’s Day weekend getaway
- Rocky Mountain resorts report lodging revenue up by 7.2 percent
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County works to dispel rumors in the immigrant community
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access