Vail Pass rest area will be closed Monday and Tuesday
August 1, 2014
The Vail Pass rest area, popular during the summer with bikers and others looking to enjoy the outdoors, will be closed for two days next week.
The Colorado Department of Transportation will perform maintenance on the wastewater plant on Interstate 70 at Exit 190, or the Vail Pass/Shrine Pass rest area. Work is scheduled for all of Monday, Aug. 4, and Tuesday, Aug. 5, and will require a full closure of the rest area.
Messaging boards will be set up on I-70, westbound at mile marker 195 and eastbound at mile marker 180, to alert drivers of the closure.
To receive real-time updates about state highway road conditions in your area, visit coloradodot.info and click on the green cellphone icon in the upper right- hand corner of the page. Live road conditions are available at cotrip.org, by downloading the CDOT mobile app or by calling 511 from anywhere in the state.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Top 5 most-read stories on SummitDaily.com, week of June 18
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- Mountain mentor of the month: June 2017
- All Colorado counties will have Obamacare insurance plans in 2018
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Steep push, stunning views on the Lenawee Trail outside Keystone