Vail Pass rest area will be closed Monday and Tuesday
Ryan Summerlin August 1, 2014
The Vail Pass rest area, popular during the summer with bikers and others looking to enjoy the outdoors, will be closed for two days next week.
The Colorado Department of Transportation will perform maintenance on the wastewater plant on Interstate 70 at Exit 190, or the Vail Pass/Shrine Pass rest area. Work is scheduled for all of Monday, Aug. 4, and Tuesday, Aug. 5, and will require a full closure of the rest area.
Messaging boards will be set up on I-70, westbound at mile marker 195 and eastbound at mile marker 180, to alert drivers of the closure.
To receive real-time updates about state highway road conditions in your area, visit coloradodot.info and click on the green cellphone icon in the upper right- hand corner of the page. Live road conditions are available at cotrip.org, by downloading the CDOT mobile app or by calling 511 from anywhere in the state.
Trending In: Local
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills