Vail Resorts calls for globetrotters to enter Epic Race across U.S., Europe
October 15, 2013
Vail Resorts is calling out globetrotting thrill seekers in a challenge to ski or ride all 26 of their mountains.
The Epic Race dares Epic Pass holders to visit Vail's more than two dozen resorts, spread throughout four countries, as quickly as they can. The first 10 people to complete the race will receive an Epic Pass for life.
The mountain resorts racers must visit are spread throughout Colorado, Utah, Lake Tahoe, Minnesota and Michigan in the United States. Competitors will also have to visit resorts in Switzerland, France and Austria.
"When we launched the Epic Pass with five resorts in 2008, I said our guests wouldn't be able to out-ski or ride this pass," said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts in a press release. "Five years later, after adding three more countries and 21 additional resorts, we're throwing down the gauntlet. If you can be one of the first to ski the world, you'll ski for life."
Epic Pass holders can enter the race starting Nov. 1.
Racers will be asked to document and share their experience at each resort they visit to be eligible to win.
"If there was any doubt that the Epic Pass is by far and away the snow sports industry's best and most comprehensive pass, the experiences these contestants share should put the question to rest," said Katz. "What other pass allows you to enjoy the steep and deep of the Sierra Nevada, the amazing powder of the Wasatch, the majesty of the Rockies, the urban hills in Michigan and Minnesota, the interconnectivity of the French Alps and the world's largest linked ski area, the unmatched off-piste skiing and riding of the Swiss Alps, and the birthplace of modern Alpine skiing technique in the Tyrolean Alps?"
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and must register to take part in the race. Any Epic Pass holder is eligible to register, regardless of where they reside.
Racers will not be allowed to ski more than one resort per day in the U.S., and no more than two resorts per day in Europe.
Race winners receiving an Epic Pass for life will be able to ski resorts operated by Vail Resorts in any given year.
Participants will receive full instructions upon registering for the Epic Race. Contestants will be asked to document and share their experience at each resort as they ski to be eligible to win.
More details about the race are available at epicpass.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Dillon town council sends hotel development back to drawing board
- Summit High School 2016-17 first semester gold-level honor roll
- Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
- Rocky Mountain resorts report lodging revenue up by 7.2 percent
- CDOT starts $2.5 million wildlife fence installation on I-70
- Storm set to break Summit County’s dry spell with as many as 7 inches predicted Thursday
- Breckenridge businesses facing discipline over December drug bust
- Summit County daycare teachers to get free health care access
- Mysterious Aspen ski rental contract may relate to Trumps
- Summit County real estate roundup: High-end real estate sales see spike in January