Vail Resorts calls for globetrotters to enter Epic Race across U.S., Europe
October 15, 2013
Vail Resorts is calling out globetrotting thrill seekers in a challenge to ski or ride all 26 of their mountains.
The Epic Race dares Epic Pass holders to visit Vail's more than two dozen resorts, spread throughout four countries, as quickly as they can. The first 10 people to complete the race will receive an Epic Pass for life.
The mountain resorts racers must visit are spread throughout Colorado, Utah, Lake Tahoe, Minnesota and Michigan in the United States. Competitors will also have to visit resorts in Switzerland, France and Austria.
"When we launched the Epic Pass with five resorts in 2008, I said our guests wouldn't be able to out-ski or ride this pass," said Rob Katz, chairman and chief executive officer of Vail Resorts in a press release. "Five years later, after adding three more countries and 21 additional resorts, we're throwing down the gauntlet. If you can be one of the first to ski the world, you'll ski for life."
Epic Pass holders can enter the race starting Nov. 1.
Racers will be asked to document and share their experience at each resort they visit to be eligible to win.
"If there was any doubt that the Epic Pass is by far and away the snow sports industry's best and most comprehensive pass, the experiences these contestants share should put the question to rest," said Katz. "What other pass allows you to enjoy the steep and deep of the Sierra Nevada, the amazing powder of the Wasatch, the majesty of the Rockies, the urban hills in Michigan and Minnesota, the interconnectivity of the French Alps and the world's largest linked ski area, the unmatched off-piste skiing and riding of the Swiss Alps, and the birthplace of modern Alpine skiing technique in the Tyrolean Alps?"
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and must register to take part in the race. Any Epic Pass holder is eligible to register, regardless of where they reside.
Racers will not be allowed to ski more than one resort per day in the U.S., and no more than two resorts per day in Europe.
Race winners receiving an Epic Pass for life will be able to ski resorts operated by Vail Resorts in any given year.
Participants will receive full instructions upon registering for the Epic Race. Contestants will be asked to document and share their experience at each resort as they ski to be eligible to win.
More details about the race are available at epicpass.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak
- Summit County got lucky with the Peak 2 Fire, but preparing for the next one is no simple task
- With Breckenridge wildfire settled, the ‘Navy SEALs’ of wildfires head home
- ‘13 Reasons Why’ Netflix series prompts conversations between parents, teens about suicide
- Colorado photography, music of John Denver comes together for benefit concert Friday
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back