Police: Student ate more pot than recommended
December 15, 2014
DENVER — Authorities say a Wyoming college student who jumped to his death from a Denver hotel balcony ate more than the recommended serving of a marijuana cookie.
Police reports released Thursday said 19-year-old Levy Thamba Pongi consumed a little more than one cookie that his friend purchased from a pot shop.
The reports say a clerk told his friends to cut it into six pieces and eat one piece at a time. The friends did so, but it's unclear from the reports whether Pongi heard the advice.
Pongi's friends told investigators he began speaking erratically in French and pulling things off walls. Authorities say he then jumped to his death.
An autopsy report from the March 11 incident lists marijuana intoxication as a significant contributing factor in the death.
News from across the Web
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Marijuana
- Backcountry Cannabis Co. sells Breckenridge store to Denver-based dispensary
- The Cannabist: How do marijuana vape pens work?
- Summit County ganja-preneur looks to expand culinary ventures with cannabis, food and wine tours
- Summit County marijuana shops host 4/20 enthusiasts
- CEO ‘blown away’ as Parachute pioneers drive-thru pot
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’