July 21, 2015
The Nordic Center located at the Raven Golf Club and Three Peaks is the best place to cross country ski or snowshoe. Opened from dawn until dusk, there's no such thing as 'not a good time.' The center is available December through March, giving ample opportunity to use the facility at your own risk and the center is free to use. There are certain trail signs and roped off areas that need to be followed but other than that, feel free to grab some friends and explore without a guide.
If anyone is under the age of thirteen, a parent or a guardian must accompany them. The Nordic is a great place to explore on your own but it's also important that participants are safe doing so. There are no motorized vehicles or dogs allowed on the trails so make sure Lassie has somewhere to go for the day.
Those who wish to snowshoe or ski skate have specific tracks to use other than the ones prepared for classic skiing. Keep in mind that the trails are not swept or maintained at the end of the day so come prepared. The North and South trails are the most popular with an intermediate level as well as a trail for beginners. The beginners trail is just about two miles whereas the expert trail is just under two miles.
Gather your friends and your family this winter and feel free to explore nature while still getting in your daily exercise.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: NA
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery
- 4 shot near Colorado State University in Fort Collins