Summit Up: Purple rain all in my brain
July 2, 2013
Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world's only daily column wondering if the purple rain above was related to the purple haze hanging over the Dillon Ampitheater after the Pink Floyd laser show on Saturday.
First, global warming and now global baking.
According to our Summit Up spies … er, correspondents, quite a few people at the concert this weekend were exercising their newfound Amendment 64 freedoms.
We know. It's shocking — marijuana smoke at a Pink Floyd cover band concert! What's next? LSD at a "2001: A Space Odysessy" screening?
Apparently, in Summit County, sparking up is how we celebrate our independence.
However, not everyone was thrilled with the Freedom Fog. Parents with children tend not to like smoke of any kind in their face. We humbly suggest that smokers take a look around before they burn one down. Toke responsibly, guys.
Since moving Summit Up World Headquarters to 331 W. Main Street, certain SDN readers are at a loss on where to pick up their paper. Yes, we know we have locations throughout Summit County. However, certain readers — a steady parade of them — have always come to the source to get their copy. The boxes that used to sit outside of our old location have now moved to Streamside Lane, just off Main Street, right outside our new building.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: NA
- Colorado 14er for sale: Buy Culebra Peak in the Sangre de Cristo Range for $105 million
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- First family of whitewater: Into roaring Browns Canyon with the Foleys of Performance Tours Rafting (video)
- After 30-foot tumble off Mount Royal, 73-year-old woman able to shake it off