Summit Up: We want to know what you did this summer
Ryan Summerlin June 27, 2013
Good morning and welcome to Summit Up, the world’s only daily column without summer vacation plans.
Yep, duty calls. There’s work to be done. We have no money. You know the excuses. However, that doesn’t mean millions of Summit Up readers aren’t travelling hither and yon, and sending us their incredible photos to make us feel bad about our ink-stained, drudge selves.
Philip Anderson of Dillon (the dude in the bandana and the SDN in hand) went night fishing in Enviken, Sweden, in the region of Falun — site of the 2015 Nordic Ski Championships. (Mother Lizzie sends apologies to Phillip’s brother Alex. He caught a big one and during the Summit Daily News photo shoot on the dock the fish was dropped and went back in the lake.)
On June 15, Sam and Becky Sherstad caught perfect weather and successfully hiked to the top of Half Dome and back to Yosemite Valley. A tough 12 hour hike, but well worth it, the Sherstad’s reported. Photo is from the bottom of the cables at noon. The family hiked together with their Team in Training group as a big fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A vacation with a cause. We like it. Until next time.
Trending In: NA
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Summit School District works toward medical marijuana policy for students
- Kelly Samuels: 1969 – 2016
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills