Obituary: Burdena W. Giberson
July 25, 2013
Burdena W. Giberson
Passing June 30 of Giberson family member Dena (White) Giberson, 93, of Colorado Springs. She was the wife of Donald Kenneth and daughter-in-law of Wilbert and Mollie Giberson, a well-known pioneer ranching family of Dillon and Frisco.
Dena married Donald Kenneth Giberson in 1941. After he enlisted in the U.S. Army, they lived in Columbus, Ga., where son Gary Michael was born in 1943. After a transfer to Leadville-Camp Hale and the 10th Mountain Division, a second son, Jerry Ronald, was born in 1944. Don was sent overseas with the 1st Div., landing at Normandy. He was wounded, captured and escaped in Germany and was awarded a Purple Heart. After receiving a medical discharge the family lived in Colorado Springs to continue his career in civil service at Fort Carson.
She enjoyed hiking, camping, hunting, fishing and frequent weekend trips to the Giberson Ranch in Frisco.
She was preceded in death by her parents, an infant son in 1945, son Jerry at age 26 in 1970, husband of 55 years Donald in 1996, and sister Lona in 2009.
She is survived by her son Gary and wife Gloria of Frisco and Austin, Texas; grandchildren Clint Giberson of Boulder, Dennis Giberson of Boulder, Shelley Giberson and husband Ron Carmichael of Frisco and Atlanta; four great-grandchildren, Henry and Calvin Giberson, Liam and Chloe Carmichael; her sister Verna Flynn of Colorado Springs, and six nieces and nephews.
A memorial will be held at a later date at the Giberson family cemetery in Dillon.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- After years of hiding, Summit County sheriff’s deputy proudly comes out as transgender
- The people of Summit County have spoken: They want a Chick-fil-A
- Summit County visitor captures possible mountain lion screams on video in Keystone
- Vail Resorts unhappy as Breckenridge eyes $8.9 million parking garage for Tiger Dredge
- Eagle man allegedly tried to beat to death female bartender at closing time