Obituary: Charles Edwin Stott, Jr.
August 23, 2017
Charles Edwin Stott, Jr., 84, passed away peacefully at his home in Evergreen on Aug. 19, 2017. Charlie is survived by his wife of 55 years, Juanita, daughter Vicki (Koch), and sons; Charles, Tim, and Bruce and seven grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, Charles Sr. and Ethel, and sister Priscilla. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, and brother, and valued friend to many others. Charlie was born to Charles Sr. and Ethel (nee McKnight) in El Paso, Texas, in 1933. He later transferred to the Colorado School of Mines from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1968. He was General Manager of Climax Mine and President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Amax Gold, Inc. Charles served as President and CEO of Horizon Resources and later served terms in several corporate board positions, chairmanships and directorships including as chairman of the board of Hazen Research, Inc, of Golden, for 15 years. He was also a Trustee Emeritus of the Colorado School of Mines. Charlie was always happy being in the Colorado mountains he loved, especially when accompanied by his family. Charlie requested a small private funeral. The family will arrange a celebration of life to follow at a later date. Visit http://www.EvergreenMemorialPark.com for more information.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says
- Vail Resorts executive leaves for new role at Steamboat Ski Area