Obituary: Connie S. Gruene
August 29, 2014
Connie S. Gruene
April 28, 1949 – Aug. 27, 2014
Connie Gruene died Aug. 27, 2014, at her home in Ovid, New York, after a lengthy illness.
She was born near Hunter, Oklahoma, on April 28, 1949. She was the daughter of R.J. and Evelyn Anderson Smith, of Hunter. Connie attended Hunter Schools, Oklahoma State University and Enid Business College.
In 1968, she married Jeffrey Prochnow, of Wahpeton, North Dakota. She married Johnny Blevins, of Crescent, Oklahoma, in 1974. In 1994, she married Kurt Gruene, of Frisco, Colorado.
She had a varied work history, loved to work outside and enjoyed life.
She is survived by her husband, Kurt, and three dogs, Saffie, Sadie and Sammie; one sister, Rella; two brothers, Ron and John; and her nephew, Jim.
Her parents preceded her in death.
At Connie's request her body was cremated and there will not be a memorial service.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government