Obituary: Connie S. Gruene
August 29, 2014
Connie S. Gruene
April 28, 1949 – Aug. 27, 2014
Connie Gruene died Aug. 27, 2014, at her home in Ovid, New York, after a lengthy illness.
She was born near Hunter, Oklahoma, on April 28, 1949. She was the daughter of R.J. and Evelyn Anderson Smith, of Hunter. Connie attended Hunter Schools, Oklahoma State University and Enid Business College.
In 1968, she married Jeffrey Prochnow, of Wahpeton, North Dakota. She married Johnny Blevins, of Crescent, Oklahoma, in 1974. In 1994, she married Kurt Gruene, of Frisco, Colorado.
She had a varied work history, loved to work outside and enjoyed life.
She is survived by her husband, Kurt, and three dogs, Saffie, Sadie and Sammie; one sister, Rella; two brothers, Ron and John; and her nephew, Jim.
Her parents preceded her in death.
At Connie’s request her body was cremated and there will not be a memorial service.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vail Resorts’ partner submits Keystone workforce housing proposal
- Summit County mulls deed-restriction exceptions
- Summit Daily letters: Frisco Town Council rushes to build superblock on Main Street
- Breckenridge puts new water plant on hold after getting $50 million estimate
- Housing Divided, Part 12: Renters vulnerable in disputes with landlords