Obituary: Curtis Vaughn Walker
April 24, 2014
Curtis Vaughn Walker
March 6, 1972 – Feb. 28, 2014
Please join us in celebrating the life of Curtis Vaughn Walker.
In 1992 Curtis moved to Breckenridge, where he and a friend opened Nacho Taco. He then went on to work at many restaurants in Breckenridge as a bartender and cook.
He met his wife, Leslie Sherwood, while working as a bartender at Johsha's in 1999. Soon after, Curtis took up carpentry, building many single-family homes in the Breckenridge area.
Curtis and Leslie purchased a home in Fairplay in 2005. He graduated from Lincoln College of Technology in Denver in 2008 and went on to work as a mechanic. He was a great friend and neighbor, as there was nothing he wouldn't do for family or a friend in need.
The celebration will take place Saturday, April 26, at 2 p.m. at Napper Tandy's in Breckenridge. Food and cash bar provided. Bring your favorite Curtis stories to share.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Male skier, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Six-story hotel proposal hopes to “put Dillon on the map”
- Summit County real estate prices soar due to high demand, low inventory
- Former Summit Housing Authority director reaches settlement with county
- Trump administration puts recreational marijuana in crosshairs