Obituary: Curtis Vaughn Walker
April 24, 2014
Curtis Vaughn Walker
March 6, 1972 – Feb. 28, 2014
Please join us in celebrating the life of Curtis Vaughn Walker.
In 1992 Curtis moved to Breckenridge, where he and a friend opened Nacho Taco. He then went on to work at many restaurants in Breckenridge as a bartender and cook.
He met his wife, Leslie Sherwood, while working as a bartender at Johsha's in 1999. Soon after, Curtis took up carpentry, building many single-family homes in the Breckenridge area.
Curtis and Leslie purchased a home in Fairplay in 2005. He graduated from Lincoln College of Technology in Denver in 2008 and went on to work as a mechanic. He was a great friend and neighbor, as there was nothing he wouldn't do for family or a friend in need.
The celebration will take place Saturday, April 26, at 2 p.m. at Napper Tandy's in Breckenridge. Food and cash bar provided. Bring your favorite Curtis stories to share.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery