Obituary: David Long
February 28, 2014
Jan. 20, 1946 – Feb. 25, 2014
David left behind wife Jacque, children Bridget, Jonathan (Kim), Tobi Anderson and Brian Hanes. Also grandchildren Alex Cullison, Cody and Eli Long; a special nephew, Jesse Folkert; as well as his sisters Ellen (Dan) Carr, Marilyn, brother Carl Long, and many beloved nieces and nephews and in-laws.
David served his country proudly in the U.S. Marines from July 1965 to July 1971. He will be missed by his mining brothers and sisters with whom he worked for the last 30-plus years at the Henderson Mine and Mill. He will greatly be missed by all that loved him. David joined in death by his mother, Mary Ann Bricher Long, father, Roy Ray Long, nephew Danny Carr, and the mother of his children, Mary K. Monahan. His pain on earth has ended, yet his memory lives on forever in our hearts.
Services will be held at Jefferson County Fairgrounds, 15200 W. Sixth Ave., Golden, Colo., 80401, on March 4, 2014, at 11 a.m. He will be laid to rest at Fort Logan cemetery. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the charity of your choice.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Silverthorne construction fatality may have been caused by equipment blind spot, inspectors say
- Frisco’s 10 Mile Music Hall will be biggest venue of its kind in the Rockies, owners say
- A sneak peek at the $9 million Silverthorne Performing Arts Center (video, photos)
- Faces of Hope, Part 5: Breckenridge couple learns to live with pain of son’s suicide
- Breckenridge ambulance provider stripped of transport rights after spat with county government