Obituary: David Paul McBride Jr.
June 10, 2013
David Paul McBride Jr.
David Paul McBride Jr., 65, died on June 6, 2013, due to complications from lung transplant surgery. Mr. McBride was a graduate of The St. Francis Preparatory School, Georgetown University, and the University of Denver. He was a coach and teacher at Summit High School in Frisco for 33 years, where he specialized in gifted and talented students. In 1984, he authored a book "Federal Duck Stamps: A Complete Guide" to honor the 50th anniversary of the program. He was preceded in death by his parents, David P. McBride Sr. and Jeanne C. McBride. He is survived by his sisters, Tudor Austin and Terril McBride-Unks; his brothers, Dr. Duncan Q. McBride and Douglas B. McBride; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was an avid reader, outdoorsman, collector and environmentalist. David was a member of the Pennsylvania Club in San Souci, Ontario. He was greatly loved by his family and friends and will be sadly missed. There will be no calling hours and memorial contributions can be made in his name to the Lung Rehabilitation Program at Jameson Memorial Hospital, 1211 Wilmington Road, New Castle, PA 16101.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to the Noga Funeral Home Inc. 1142 S. Mill St. New Castle. Online condolences may be given or offered at nogafuneralhome.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Climber’s fall, death from Aspen 14er Capitol Peak caused by loose boulder, deputy says
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Colorado climber dies after weekend fall from Aspen ’14er’ Capitol Peak