Obituary: David Paul McBride Jr.
June 10, 2013
David Paul McBride Jr.
David Paul McBride Jr., 65, died on June 6, 2013, due to complications from lung transplant surgery. Mr. McBride was a graduate of The St. Francis Preparatory School, Georgetown University, and the University of Denver. He was a coach and teacher at Summit High School in Frisco for 33 years, where he specialized in gifted and talented students. In 1984, he authored a book "Federal Duck Stamps: A Complete Guide" to honor the 50th anniversary of the program. He was preceded in death by his parents, David P. McBride Sr. and Jeanne C. McBride. He is survived by his sisters, Tudor Austin and Terril McBride-Unks; his brothers, Dr. Duncan Q. McBride and Douglas B. McBride; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was an avid reader, outdoorsman, collector and environmentalist. David was a member of the Pennsylvania Club in San Souci, Ontario. He was greatly loved by his family and friends and will be sadly missed. There will be no calling hours and memorial contributions can be made in his name to the Lung Rehabilitation Program at Jameson Memorial Hospital, 1211 Wilmington Road, New Castle, PA 16101.
Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to the Noga Funeral Home Inc. 1142 S. Mill St. New Castle. Online condolences may be given or offered at nogafuneralhome.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Goar: Vail Resorts leading the charge to address housing crisis (column)
- Blue River group recasts hopes of golden fishing designation
- Silverthorne celebrates opening of $9M performing arts center
- High Country Crime: ‘No evidence’ as judge drops pot charge against Eagle county surveyor
- Steep push, stunning views on the Lenawee Trail outside Keystone