Obituary: Delores Ann Knorr
Ryan Summerlin July 24, 2013
Delores Ann Knorr
Delores Ann Knorr, 73, of Evans, Colo., died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at her residence.
She was born on April 28, 1940, to George and Irene (Jones) Barber in Sterling, Colo., where she grew up and graduated from Sterling High School.
After high school, Delores continued her education graduating from Barnes Business School in Denver where she met Ed Knorr. They were married on Dec. 7, 1958, and moved to Summit County, where she began a career with the National Forest Service.
Over the years she worked in Kremmling and Dillon, Chadron, Neb., Laramie, Wyo., and Denver, where she retired as an Administrative Officer.
Delores enjoyed gardening, dancing, and especially enjoyed tole painting. She will be remembered by her family as a loving mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and friend.
Delores is survived by two sons and their wives, Robert and Gayle Knorr of Dillon, Greg and Tami Knorr of Ulm, Mont.; grandchildren, Jeremy Ritchey and his wife, Jamie, Chris Knorr and Jessie Knorr; sister, Linda French of Evans; numerous nieces and nephews; and a loving extended family. She was preceded in death by her parents and brother, George Barber.
A celebration of Delores’ life will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, July 27, 2013, at Adamson Chapel in Greeley.
Memorial contributions may be made in her memory to “Hospice of Northern Colorado” in care of Adamson Funeral & Cremation Service, 2000 47th Ave. Greeley, CO 80634. Condolences may be sent to the family at www.adamsonchapels.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Election 2016: Health care professionals raise concerns about Amendment 69; supporters say it will cure state’s health care ills
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge