Obituary: Donald Ray McGinnis
July 22, 2013
Donald Ray McGinnis
Donald Ray McGinnis, 75, passed from this life to join his Heavenly Father on July 14, 2013.
He was living in Grand Junction with his daughter Kathy Johnson. Don was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas. He worked his way up in the telephone company from a lineman to installing complicated computer phone systems for large businesses and hotels. He seemed to know that computers were the wave of the future.
It was his dream to live in the mountains, so in 1979 he moved his family to Summit County, where he continued work with the phone company and enjoyed all that mountain life had to offer. He loved hunting, skiing and golf. Another love of his was travel. He was preceded in death by his wife, Claudine, and his brothers, Tommy and Kelly. He is survived by his two children, Kathy Johnson and Kristin Kennedy, their husbands, Chuck Johnson and Scott Kennedy, and his five grandchildren: Trenton, Lauren, Ethan, Rebekah and Steven.
There will be a memorial service Wednesday, July 24, at 11 a.m. at Rocky Mountain Bible Church in Frisco.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’