Obituary: Edith E. Cary
April 21, 2016
Edith E. Cary
Jul, 11, 1935 — March 27, 2016
Beloved mother and grandmother Edith Emma (Proctor) Cary, aged 80, passed away Sunday, March 27 in Evergreen, Colorado after a long and eventful life.
She was born July 11, 1935 in Miami, Arizona, married husband Bill Cary in 1955 and moved with him and their son Chris first to Alma, then Breckenridge and finally Summit Cove.
Edie was a quick-witted, unflinchingly honest woman with a dark, dry sense of humor. She was a voracious reader and acutely intelligent, and, though she preferred to keep people at a bit of a distance, she loved wholeheartedly and gave as often as she could.
Edie was preceded in death by parents Milton Harold and Ruthella (Henderson) Proctor, brother Walter H. Proctor, sister Doris Carol (Proctor) Marshall and daughter-in-law Karen May-Cary. She leaves behind son Chris Cary, granddaughters Hannah and Emma Cary (all of Leadville) and numerous nieces, nephews and close friends.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush,’ ‘mining for ratings,’ faces lawsuit from Park County neighbors
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Hate ski boots but love to ski? This Colorado company created a way to allow skiers to wear snowboard boots
- Frisco workforce-housing project delayed amid rising construction costs
- US beer critic names Frisco’s Outer Range a top new brewery