Obituary: Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill
September 26, 2013
Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill
Michael E. ( Mickey) Hill, a longtime resident of Summit County, died September 19, 2013, at his home. He was born in Nashville, Tennessee on November 12, 1931. He graduated from the University of Oklahoma. He served in the United States Army for 30 years and retired in June, 1981. During his years in the Army he served in Germany and Southeast Asia as well as time spent in the United States. He spent many hours working with the troops under his command, was held in high regard by them and respected for his fairness, honor and honesty. Mickey retired to Summit County in 1981 and considered Summit County his "home town". He spent 25 years working in the ski industry at Copper Mountain, Keystone and Loveland. He never met a stranger and was always happy to share a story. Mickey loved working in his yard and was very proud of his well shoveled driveway in the winter.
He was preceded in death by his beloved Grandmother, Josephine Eure, his parents Pancho and Mary Hill, his brother Jim Hill, & his grandson Jay Steven Woodward. Survivors include his wife, Ann, daughters, Libby and Melissa, son, Randy, granddaughters Mariah Hammerschmidt, Joey Hill, Chani Spear, great-granddaughters, Caden Tesch, Jaci and Sophia Spear, great-grandson Sean Spear.
He will be missed.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado’s fourth 14er death of 2017 renews drive to educate hikers of risks
- Man flees Summit County police officers in 100-mph motorcycle chase
- Summit County crew rescues dog in distress on Ute Pass Trail
- Breckenridge-area housing project Trails at Berlin Placer takes 2 steps forward, 1 back
- Amped up: Dillon begins work on $8.4M upgrade to town’s premiere performance venue