Obituary of Ron Jansson
January 1, 2014
May 13, 1953 – Nov. 9, 2013
Ron Jansson, a longtime Summit County resident, passed away on Nov. 9 in Columbia Falls, Mont., where he had been living since 2007. He was 60 years old.
After living in Vail for a number of years — where he was a ski instructor and worked in the restaurant business — Ron owned and operated the old Last Chance Saloon in Keystone Village from the mid-'80s until the early '90s. In 1991, he opened Pizza on the Plaza, also in Keystone Village.
In 1998, Ron and his wife, Charlotte, moved to Connecticut, where they lived until moving to Montana six years ago. In recent years, Ron worked as a Realtor and as a starter on the golf course that he and his wife lived next to. (Many of you may remember his passion for the game; when he wasn't working, he practically lived at the Keystone Ranch Golf Course.)
Condolences may be sent to Charlotte Jansson, 839 St. Andrews Dr., Columbia Falls, MT 59912.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- End of an era: Arapahoe Basin volunteer ski patrol program finished after at least 4 decades
- Breckenridge eatery to serve suspension over employee cocaine bust case
- Friends of the Lower Blue River welcomes new director
- Colorado River levels mostly unaffected by lastest snowstorm
- Summit County slammed by spring storm, I-70 an ‘utter mess’