Obituary of Ron Jansson
January 1, 2014
May 13, 1953 – Nov. 9, 2013
Ron Jansson, a longtime Summit County resident, passed away on Nov. 9 in Columbia Falls, Mont., where he had been living since 2007. He was 60 years old.
After living in Vail for a number of years — where he was a ski instructor and worked in the restaurant business — Ron owned and operated the old Last Chance Saloon in Keystone Village from the mid-'80s until the early '90s. In 1991, he opened Pizza on the Plaza, also in Keystone Village.
In 1998, Ron and his wife, Charlotte, moved to Connecticut, where they lived until moving to Montana six years ago. In recent years, Ron worked as a Realtor and as a starter on the golf course that he and his wife lived next to. (Many of you may remember his passion for the game; when he wasn't working, he practically lived at the Keystone Ranch Golf Course.)
Condolences may be sent to Charlotte Jansson, 839 St. Andrews Dr., Columbia Falls, MT 59912.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man who fatally crashed into Lake Dillon was driving 60 mph, possibly intoxicated, report says
- Mountain Town News: How to keep Yellowstone’s supervolcano from blasting
- High Country Crime: Man arrested after report of masturbation in Miller Ranch Open Space in Edwards, sheriff’s office says
- Eastbound lanes of Interstate 70 near Vail will close Friday morning to remove crashed semi
- With rising suicide rate, prevention becomes Summit County community’s focus