Obituary of Ron Jansson
Ryan Summerlin January 1, 2014
May 13, 1953 – Nov. 9, 2013
Ron Jansson, a longtime Summit County resident, passed away on Nov. 9 in Columbia Falls, Mont., where he had been living since 2007. He was 60 years old.
After living in Vail for a number of years — where he was a ski instructor and worked in the restaurant business — Ron owned and operated the old Last Chance Saloon in Keystone Village from the mid-’80s until the early ’90s. In 1991, he opened Pizza on the Plaza, also in Keystone Village.
In 1998, Ron and his wife, Charlotte, moved to Connecticut, where they lived until moving to Montana six years ago. In recent years, Ron worked as a Realtor and as a starter on the golf course that he and his wife lived next to. (Many of you may remember his passion for the game; when he wasn’t working, he practically lived at the Keystone Ranch Golf Course.)
Condolences may be sent to Charlotte Jansson, 839 St. Andrews Dr., Columbia Falls, MT 59912.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Suicide rate in Summit County reaching record levels
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Best fall hikes for aspen leaves in Summit County (before they’re gone!)