Obituary: Philip Seeling
March 10, 2014
Philip Seeling passed from this world into eternity with Jesus on the morning of March 6, 2014. Born in Syracuse, May 18, 1915, Phil grew up in Des Moines, Iowa. He then attended and graduated from Iowa State with a BS in Chemical Engineering, Fuller Seminary with a Masters of Divinity. He raised his family in Syracuse from 1953 to 1980. He was always an avid skier, which led him to move to Breckenridge in 1981. He and his wife, Dolly, then relocated to Salida, Colo., in 2006.
Service will be held at Fort Logan Cemetery Wednesday, March 12 at 2:30 p.m., staging area "B." He is survived by his children, Alan of Buena Vista, Tim of Breckenridge and Karen Borthick of Denver.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Colorado gem hunters are back near Alma mine that was once a mother lode of rhodochrosite, the official state mineral
- Vail Resorts to buy The North Face and Columbia stores in Breckenridge
- Rescued Silverthorne hiker recounts how he survived 80 hours lost in Colorado 14er backcountry
- Mountain town news: As Vail Resorts grows, the numbers remain very flat
- Girl who fell from Hotel Colorado fights for life, regained consciousness but in ‘extremely critical’ condition, mom says