Obituary: Raymond Dale Ritchey
September 23, 2013
Raymond Dale Ritchey
October 27, 1930 – September 17, 2013
Longtime Summit County Pioneer and Old Time hard rock miner passes at the age of 82 in Grand Junction.
Raymond was born on October 27, 1930, in Dillon, Colorado, to Clarence and Harriet Ritchey. He spent his childhood in Dillon and attended high school in Breckenridge. Raymond's family has been native to Colorado since the late 1800's; he was an old pioneer of Summit County.
After serving in the U. S. Army, he worked as a uranium miner. Raymond was an avid hunter, fisherman, gardener, and a huge Bronco's fan.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his brothers, Clyde and Albert Ritchey; his daughter, Darlene (Ron) Shull; and his step-son, Ned E. Smith, Jr.; and his sister, Denzel Tompkins.
Raymond is survived by his wife, Nancy L. Ritchey, with whom he spent 38 years of marriage; his son, Jerry Ritchey, Denver, CO; his step-sons, Wayne and Dennis Smith; his daughter, Dena (Dave) McWilliams, Commerce City, CO; and his sister, Geraldine Offerson, Denver, CO; eleven grandchildren; thirteen great-grandchildren; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and close friends.
A Service of Remembrance will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013, at 10:00 am at the Crossroad Methodist Church with Pastor Alane Currier Griggs presiding. Burial will take place at a later date in Dillon, CO.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Keystone, Breckenridge Ski Resort proposed upgrades could start this summer
- VIDEO: Police misconduct investigation opened after footage of Leadville arrest surfaces
- How snowboarding set the evolution of winter sports back three decades (column)
- Summit County police: local lawmen not participating in immigration enforcement
- Wind Sprints: Parking in Breckenridge an existential crisis (editor’s column)