Obituary: Raymond Dale Ritchey
Ryan Summerlin September 23, 2013
Raymond Dale Ritchey
October 27, 1930 – September 17, 2013
Longtime Summit County Pioneer and Old Time hard rock miner passes at the age of 82 in Grand Junction.
Raymond was born on October 27, 1930, in Dillon, Colorado, to Clarence and Harriet Ritchey. He spent his childhood in Dillon and attended high school in Breckenridge. Raymond’s family has been native to Colorado since the late 1800’s; he was an old pioneer of Summit County.
After serving in the U. S. Army, he worked as a uranium miner. Raymond was an avid hunter, fisherman, gardener, and a huge Bronco’s fan.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his brothers, Clyde and Albert Ritchey; his daughter, Darlene (Ron) Shull; and his step-son, Ned E. Smith, Jr.; and his sister, Denzel Tompkins.
Raymond is survived by his wife, Nancy L. Ritchey, with whom he spent 38 years of marriage; his son, Jerry Ritchey, Denver, CO; his step-sons, Wayne and Dennis Smith; his daughter, Dena (Dave) McWilliams, Commerce City, CO; and his sister, Geraldine Offerson, Denver, CO; eleven grandchildren; thirteen great-grandchildren; as well as numerous nieces, nephews, and close friends.
A Service of Remembrance will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2013, at 10:00 am at the Crossroad Methodist Church with Pastor Alane Currier Griggs presiding. Burial will take place at a later date in Dillon, CO.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Rocky Mountain Underground opens 1st combo ski shop, bar in Breckenridge
- Breckenridge hires Anne Murphy as new open space and trails manager
- Letters: Breck Ski Resort COO talks parking improvements, Frisco residents concerned over zoning
- Quandary: Learn about the I-70 Traction Law before the snow hits
- Mountain Town News: Booming summers too much of a good thing? (Column)