Obituary: Richard L. “Dick” Masica
June 7, 2014
Richard L. “Dick” Masica
Jan. 9, 1937 – June 4, 2014
Dick Masica, 77, of Scottsdale, Arizona, died on June 4, 2014, following a brief illness.
Dick was born on Jan. 9, 1937, in Saginaw, Michigan, to Leo and Clara Masica. After graduation from Holy Rosary High School, Dick received his civil engineering degree from Michigan Tech University and his master’s degree from Cornell University.
He then began a 39-year career with Texaco Inc. that took him to New Jersey, Sweden, Texas (several times and places), Louisiana, Wyoming, New York and Kansas.
In retirement, Dick and Joanne, his wife of nearly 56 years, settled in Frisco, Colorado, where their lives centered on family, community, church, outdoor activity and travel. Dick became an active member of Rotary International, especially in Colorado and Chandler, Arizona, and served on the board of The Summit Foundation. Dick is survived by his wife, Joanne, daughter Sue, son Paul and daughter-in-law Teresa, and grandchildren Jake and Jessie; sisters and brother and their families. A Mass and Celebration of Life will be held in Summit County, Colorado, in July.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Summit Foundation (Breckenridge, Colorado) or St. Mary’s Church (Breckenridge).
Trending In: Obituaries
- Housing Divided, Part 5: Summit workers and families on brink of homelessness
- Summit Daily News announces the 2016 Best Of Summit (photos & video)
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area the first in North America to open terrain
- Breckenridge to start a new paid parking program later this year
- Complete coverage of Arapahoe Basin Ski Area opening day